Monday, February 11, 2013

Wow does life ever get in the way or what?

So my life is what some might call chaotic, some might call hectic and others might say ridiculous! lol Raising six little girls has been one of the most rewarding, yet completely challenging things I think anyone could ever undertake.  Not to say those with one or two children should grovel at my feet praising me, parenthood is HARD period end of discussion!  But the lack of posts on this Blog should just bring about some understanding as to the crazy schedule of my brood.  

I have to say though that through it all I wouldn't trade a moment.  (Well maybe the fit throwing tantrums...from the preteens, and myself...) But this has been a time of learning for us all.  And through it all we have all learned that even if we don't have the same blood, or come from different situations, we are in it together.  And that is the best lesson any of us as a family could ever learn.
Another lesson I have learned is to look at the positive.  Always. And here are a few examples:
  •  Not to dwell on the fact my house is a crazy mess 20 minutes after it was cleaned. 
  • That SOMEONE will always forget SOMETHING at home and I will have to rush it up to the school in under a 10 minute time table.
  • That bedtime will ALWAYS take longer than I think it should. 
  • That NO ONE will do it JUST the way I WOULD. 
  • I will at some point make SOMEONE mad.
  • My girls will have days where they bicker NONSTOP.  

It is really whatever.  I mean REALLY WHATEVER! 

  • I am blessed to have my home and everything filled inside it. 
  • My girls know that they can depend on me 24/7 and know that I am there for them always. 
  • Bedtimes take so long because they really want to squeeze every last minute out of the day to get just a few more seconds to be with me. 
  • Being OCD in a household of eight is retarded.
  • I cannot possibly please everyone all the time.
  • My girls will have days where they play and are loving nonstop. (Ok maybe not days, but sometimes a few hours!)
So that's pretty much it.  Stop and smell the roses.  Kiss those baby toes. And just be still in the moment, and laugh.  When you don't let the negative get you down, you rise above it all.  You can't help but to.  ;) 

Happy Monday ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment